Benjamin Arthur Bush, fondly known locally as Benny, ran a cycle shop in New Bolingbroke Nr Boston, Lincolnshire and shortly before World War II responded to growing public demand by adding the supply of pneumatic car tyres to his established cycle-tyre business.
After the war 'B.A.Bush' became a recognised tyre dealer and by 1947 were fitting tyres to vehicles of all types. In 1962 the company re-located to its present head office site in the old Station Yard, Horncastle.
Since the early days, under the direction of Benny's son Ivor, and now his grandson Nigel, the company has grown substantially with stores opening in Skegness and Stickney (1968), Louth (1973) now completely redeveloped (1991) and the first of our 'new look' branches Sleaford (1980). Spilsby replaced Stickney in 1986, with Sleaford providing the blueprint for further expansion programmes at Boston (1983), Beverley (1989) and Grimsby (1995). The growth continues with depots opening in Hull (1997), and Long Sutton (1998), Scunthorpe in (2002) and Kings Lynn (2006). Hull Hi Q (2008), Bourne (2008/9) and the state of the art Spalding (2009) and Spalding Commercial (2010).
Grimsby, Spalding, Scunthorpe and King's Lynn are today recognised in the tyre industry as one of the finest custom-built independent facilities in Europe, winning many retail awards and accreditations.
Bush Tyres have rightfully earned their reputation as Lincolnshire's and East Yorkshire's leading independent tyre specialist .... and are currently setting standards that admiring competitors throughout the country are finding hard to follow.
Whether providing for the private motorist with the very latest that technology has to offer, through to keeping the farmers' tractor wheels turning, Bush are proud of their "Quality at all costs" philosophy.
A wide range of quality products, available at the right prices, means that Bush Tyres are always able to meet customers requirements.